The game development competition is intended to encourage the demo creators and everybody else to design interactive entertainment. It is not about creating the next Half-Life, Starcraft, or World of Warcraft, but creating something smaller and yet much more creative - as a result the games are usually fun and often wacky.
As a visitor you will be able to download and play the games to make up your mind before for them. If you can not run the game yourself there will be recorded videos of the game in action.
The deadline for all the Gamedev compo entries is on 28th July, 2017 at 18:00 Finnish time (EEST or UTC+3). We will publish all the entries on 31st of July.
Check old gamedev entries here.
- Entry submission details will be announced later
- Entries must be delivered by 28th July, 2017 at 18:00 Finnish time (EEST or UTC+3) to us.
- Provide your contact information (name, e-mail address and phone number) and include a screenshot image for the competition management system (max 160px wide, max 90px tall, PNG-8 format). Also include a short (max. 300 characters) description of your game in file called INTRO.txt in your entry. This introduction will be posted together with the screenshot image you provide on the download page for the competition entries.
- CompoCrew will screen the submitted entries and make them downloadable from the Assembly website.
- You will have the possibility to update your entry until the start of the party, at that point we will update the most recent version that we have to the web. We won't be able to do updates at any other points. Please update your entries at the party management system.
- NOTE! As our general rules state "All material constituting an entry must be previously unreleased.". If your game has been released on the internet or you are allready participating in Steam Greenlight etc. your entry will be disqualified.