Demoscene competitions are the heart of Assembly Summer. We host various competitions from real time programmed art to short films, as well as music and graphics competitions. The competitions are divided into categories described below.
The competition deadlines are early for us to ensure we have enough time to check the entries and record all the entries. This year we can’t all be there in the same space working together. Thus we need more time this time. We hope you understand. <3
If you are entering to the oldskool competition, please record your oldskool entry by your self and submit both the binary and the video. If this is not possible, please contact our oldskool organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) before SUNDAY October 11th.
- Game development deadline is FRIDAY October 9th 22:00 EEST (21:00 CEST)
- Deadline for all other compos excluding fast compos are on TUESDAY October 13th 13:00 EEST (12:00 CEST)
- Fast Music objectives are released on https://scene.assembly.org at WEDNESDAY October 14th 19:00 EEST (18:00 CEST) and the DEADLINE is 21:00 EEST (20:00 CEST)
- Fast Graphics objectives are released on https://scene.assembly.org at WEDNESDAY October 14th 20:00 EEST (19:00 CEST) and the DEADLINE is 22:00 EEST (21:00 CEST)
- Oldskool capture help contact us before SUNDAY October 11th!
Realtime competitions are the most prestigious of all Assembly competitions. Demos and intros are not pre-rendered animations but rather non-interactive programs made for a chosen computing platform.
Compos: PC demo, Oldskool Demo, 1k-intro, 4k-intro, Real Wild, Game Development, Pico-8
Graphics competitions are for the display of visual art, i.e., pictures.
Compos: Freestyle Graphics, Themed Photo, and Fast Graphics.
Music competitions are for the playback of audible art, i.e., music tunes.
Compos: Acid Music, Streaming Music, Tracked Music, and Fast Music.
The Short Film competition is for animated, CGI, 2D or 3D, actors & camera and any other type of short movies that are pre-rendered into a movie file.